9. Islands inside StreamKenny Rogers with Dolly Parton1983Some 3 decades before, celebrity power didn’t shine a lot better than compared to Rogers and Parton, who charted a merged 22 No. 1s on nation tunes from inside the ’80s. Create this particular tune got authored by the Bee Gees and it’s no real surprise this topped the Hot 100 for a fortnight, along with nation Songs and Adult modern. a€? The reinvention, featuring Ol’ grimey Bastard and Mya, strike No. 15 on the Hot 100 and No. 8 on RB/Hip-Hop Songs.
8. Baby BoyBeyonce Sean Paul2003Whether on her very own (a€?Irreplaceable,a€? a€?Single Females (placed a band upon it)a€?); in pairings (a€?Beautiful Liar,a€? with Shakira, a€?Telephone,a€? with Lady Gaga); or, when you look at the trio Destiny’s Child (a€?Bills, expenses, debts,a€? a€?Say My Namea€?), Beyonce = Hot 100 hit-making. This duet as a solo artist, soon after four toppers in future’s Child in 1999-2001. Paul capped the Hot 100 once before this frontrunner, with a€?Get Busya€? (three days, 2003), as soon as after, with a€?Temperaturea€? (7 days, 2006).
2nd, there were gossip circulating your two ladies just weren’t exactly on friendly terms and conditions
7. My personal BooUsher and Alicia Keys2004Not getting mistaken for the 1996 success of the identical label by Ghost area DJs, this ode to presenting a sweetheart or girlfriend a€?that will usually get hearta€? was actually tailor-made for success because of the employees of RB celebrities behind they. Not simply really does the track discover important factors’ golden shades mingling with Ushers, the was actually the track co-written by points, Usher and Jermaine Dupri with Manuel Seal and Adonis Shropshire. Little ponder, next, which rocketed to number 1 and remained indeed there for six weeks.
6. i am RealJennifer Lopez Ja Rule2001Here’s another with the four tunes that J.Lo, with assistance from Ja Rule, took to #1 in the Hot 100 before she accompanied the judges panel on television’s No. 1-rated program, a€?American Idol.a€? Complementing the woman brand new nights work, Lopez (formerly at No. 36 about standing) has now circulated the unmarried a€?On the ground,a€? featuring Pitbull. The track signifies this lady basic looks on Billboard’s party Airplay data (in which they debuted a week ago at No. 23) since 2007.
An event which could either become a footnote or a smash
5. DilemmaNelly Kelly Rowland2002If you’re an associate of any cluster in which there can be an individual huggle ne who is fundamentally the lead performer – and you’ren’t them – it isn’t very easy to use independently. Therefore for Destiny’s Child’s Kelly Rowland, their first unmarried away from the class had been a meeting. And exactly what a smash it had been. The girl a€?Dilemmaa€? duet with Nelly notched a sensational 10-week operate at No. 1 regarding Billboard Hot 100, cementing Rowland as not just a backing vocalist to Beyonce, but a solo star in her own very own appropriate.
4. Ebony And IvoryPaul McCartney and Stevie Wonder1982Recorded for Paul McCartney’s a€?Tug Of Wara€? album, the duet – which invested seven weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 – is the longest-running solamente #1 for either McCartney or his duet companion Stevie marvel. a€?Ebony and Ivorya€? works as a sort of best a€?can’t we get along?a€? song, with all the lyric: a€?Ebony and ivory live collectively in perfect harmony / side by side back at my piano keyboard, oh lord let us?a€?
3. The guy try MineBrandy Monica1998This 1998 duet have every makings of a smash single. Very first, they combined upwards increasing then-teen feminine RB performers Brandy and Monica – every one of whom had notched four top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hits independently, although not yet a No. 1. Third, the lyrical content material associated with the song got exactly about battling over a person – best fodder for alleged rivals to sing over. The outcome? A No. 1 that lasted for 13 weeks at the very top – at that time, among merely seven singles within the information’s background to invest that very long at No. 1.